Print ads are far from old, having given rise to digital marketing.
However, it does not mean print advertising is dead. Think about it in terms of less competition now for a print ad placement.
Here are 20 ideas you can put into place right now to revitalize your print projects and maximize the ROI with your advertising budget.
- Use endorsement logos on flyers.
- Staple coupons to receipts.
- Put menus in to go bags.
- Use ValPak or a similar direct mail service to send discounts.
- Custom print takeout bags with your logo and contact info.
- Attach fridge magnets with your contact info to go orders.
- Place a monthly ad with a special in your local paper.
- Rent a billboard or other large display. Post creative and memorable ads like these.
- Create a cookbook for home cooks with recipes inspired by your menu’s dishes. Offer it as a retail item, and include all contact data on the cover and in the interior. Here’s an excellent example.
- Advertise in travel magazines.
- Pitch a travel writer an article about your eatery, offer a complimentary meal.
- Keep business cards for the managerial staff and owner at the hostess stand.
- Create custom brochures for catering services (if applicable), for distribution at bridal expos and similar events.
- Provide convention centers with highly targeted coupons for conference and expo attendees.
- Custom print bar coasters with your contact info and a catchy design.
- Invite area food critics – their articles are free print ads.
- Print your contact info on gift cards, use an eye-catching design.
- Sponsor area events like BBQs and chili cook-offs. Make sure your logo is printed in the promotional materials.
- Host community groups and print fliers with the schedule of events for diners to take home.
- Run a print ad in area school yearbooks or theater programs.
- Social Media Marketing
We recommend you utilize as many different methods of advertising as possible to reach a wider audience and target new business for your restaurant or bar.
Print ads need to get a message across with a single image and without the recourse of interactivity that we find today on the Internet. As interactive media…
Browse through our Restaurant Marketing section to get some more ideas.
If you don’t have the time or staff to handle the marketing needs yourself, why not hire Splattered Paint Marketing, a downriver marketing agency that can turn your marketing strategy on full blast.
Join our weekly newsletter
so you won’t miss a bite…
Did You See These Yet?
What Food Holidays to Promote in November?...
There’s a lot to love about marketing your restaur...
How are restaurant customers using their smartphon...
6 Quick Steps to Creating a Facebook Page ...
Need some marketing ideas for August? &nb...
How are you increasing your lunch crowd? Many r...
Restaurant owners and operators are always on the ...